Loyola College Preparatory School, with a current enrollment of 425 students, is the only four-year Catholic high school for one hundred miles. Founded by the Jesuit order as an all-male institution, Loyola first opened its doors as St. John’s in 1902.
The name changed to Jesuit High School in 1960 and then changed to Loyola College Prep to honor the founder of the Jesuit order, St. Ignatius of Loyola, in 1982. It became coed in 1987. Loyola is located in an urban setting and surrounded by hospitals, churches, the Cathedral of St. John Berchmans and St. John Berchmans Catholic Middle and Elementary School.
Its students, both Catholic and non-Catholic, come together from many different middle schools in the Shreveport-Bossier City metropolitan area.
Click here for more information on Loyola College Prep.