One Life is our Pro Life Ministry
New members are always welcome.
“You are not to prepare your defense beforehand, for I myself shall give you a wisdom in speaking.” People may misinterpret this to mean that Christians need not instruct themselves in the ways of the faith. If Jesus is going to give us wisdom in speaking, then do we not have to worry about reading the Bible or the Catechism, forming our consciences, or understanding Church teaching?
We can contrast this interpretation with what Jesus says elsewhere in this reading: “See that you not be deceived, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and ‘The time has come.’ Do not follow them!” and later “You will be hated by all because of my name… By your perseverance you will secure your lives.” If Jesus wants us not to be deceived, this implies that we truly know our faith before the events He describes unfold. If we are to persevere in being true to His name, and not to follow the many false second-coming messiahs, we need to truly know Him and the Church He founded which teaches by His authority.
With the growing popularity of atheism, same-sex “marriage,” and anti-Catholicism, persecutions and harassment will come. Are you prepared to stand up for His name?
1. Support our billboard campaign. If you’d like to be a sponsor of the billboard, please make a check out to “St, John Berchmans” and write “OneLife billboard sponsor” in the memo line. The billboard costs $400 per month, so any contribution is appreciated. Thank you so much for helping to spread the Gospel of Life in our community!
2. Help coordinate the 40 Days for Life pro-life prayer vigil. Click here for more information
3. Educate our parish through the bulletin, educational materials, and participation in parish events, such as helping to lead Pro-Life Rosaries in January and October.
4. Welcome parishioners to become Contributing, Associate, and Active Members,
5. Support the ongoing pro-life activities that already exist in our community (e,g, praying with Vita at the abortion clinic on the first Saturday of the month, supporting the Arklatex Crisis Pregnancy Center, and Heart of Hope: Sanctuary for Women, etc.)