In this time in which we are not able to gather for the Mass and Sacraments, the Church is still here for you.
The coronavirus outbreak has had a profound impact on our Cathedral Parish and indeed our country and countries around the world. In light of all of the precautions to contain the outbreak and avoid further illness, many of us may be hesitant to leave our homes. It is precisely at this time that we need our faith more than ever. Please know that you can still call our priests to set up Confessions or Anointing of the Sick.
We invite you to watch and participate in our Daily Mass online via Facebook. Monday through Saturday, join us live at 8:00am. On Sunday , join us live at 9:00am. All Masses are recorded for you to view at your convenience at a later time (see below). A priest’s primary role is to preach the Word and offer sacrifice for and on behalf of his people, which we will do, mindful of our parishioners and your intentions.
- 5/16/2020, 6th Sunday of Easter
- 5/16/2020, Sat, 5th Week of Easter
- 5/15/2020, Fri, 5th Week of Easter, All Schools Mass
- 5/14/2020, Thurs, Feast of St. Matthias
- 5/13/2020, Wed, 5th Week of Easter
- 5/12/2020, Tues, 5th Week of Easter
- 5/11/2020, Mon, 5th Week of Easter
- 5/10/2020, Fifth Sunday of Easter
- 5/9/2020, Sat, 4th Week of Easter
- 5/8/2020, Fri, 4th Week of Easter
- 5/7/2020, Thurs, 4th Week of Easter
- 5/6/2020, Wed, 4th Week of Easter
- 5/5/2020, Tues, 4th Week of Easter
- 5/4/2020, Mon, 4th Week of Easter
- 5/3/2020, Good Shepherd Sunday
- 5/2/2020, Sat, 3rd Week of Easter
- 5/1/2020, Fri, May 1, 3rd Week of Easter, Reconsecration of the U.S. to Mary
- 4/30/2020, Thurs, 3rd Week of Easter
- 4/29/2020, Wed, 3rd Week of Easter
- 4/28/2020, Tues, 3rd Week of Easter
- 4/27/2020, Mon, 3rd Week of Easter
- 4/26/2020, 3rd Sunday of Easter
- 4/25/2020, Sat, 2nd Week of Easter
- 4/24/2020, Fri, Latin Mass in Time of Pestilence
- 4/23/2020, Thurs 2nd Week of Easter
- 4/22/2020, Wed 2nd Week of Easter
- 4/21/2020, Tues 2nd Week of Easter
- 4/20/2020, Mon 2nd Week of Easter
- 4/19/2020, 2nd Sunday/Divine Mercy
- 4/18/2020, Sat Octave of Easter
- 4/17/2020, Fri Octave of Easter
- 4/16/2020, Thurs Octave of Easter
- 4/15/2020, Wed Octave of Easter
- 4/14/2020, Tues Octave of Easter
- 4/13/2020, Mon Octave of Easter
- 4/12/2020, Easter Sunday
- 4/8/2020, Wednesday of Holy Week
- 4/7/2020, Tuesday of Holy Week – Chrism Mass with Bishop Malone
- 4/6/2020, Monday or Holy Week
- 4/5/2020, Palm Sunday
- 4/4/2020, Saturday, Fifth Week of Lent
- 4/3/2020, Friday, Fifth Week of Lent
- 4/2/2020, Thursday, Fifth Week of Lent
- 4/1/2020, Wednesday, Fifth Week of Lent
- 3/31/2020, Tuesday, Fifth Week of Lent
- 3/30/2020, Monday, Fifth Week of Lent
- 3/29/2020, Fifth Sunday of Lent
- 3/28/2020, Saturday, Fourth Week of Lent
- 3/27/2020, Friday, Fourth Week of Lent
- 3/26/2020, Thursday, Fourth Week of Lent
- 3/25/2020, Wednesday, Solemnity of the Annunciation
- 3/24/2020, Tuesday, Fourth Week of Lent
- 3/23/2020, Monday, Fourth Week of Lent
- 3/22/2020, Fourth Sunday of Lent, Laetare Sunday
- 3/21/2020, Saturday, Feast of St. Benedict, Mass in Latin
- 3/20/2020, Friday, Third Week of Lent
- 3/19/2020, Thursday, Solemnity of St. Joseph
- 3/18/2020, Wednesday, Third Week of Lent
- 3/17/2020, Tuesday, Third Week of Lent
- 3/16/2020, Monday, Third Week of Lent
- 3/15/2020, Third Sunday of Lent
- 3/20/2020, Stations of the Cross with Father Peter
- 3/19/2020, Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary with Father Peter
During these difficult times we must remember that “Social distance” does not mean “spiritual distance.” When we cannot physically attend Mass, we still keep holy the Day of the Lord as individuals and families, by keeping a holy hour of genuine prayer. While viewing Mass on live or recorded media, or at any time, we may make a ‘spiritual communion’. We are still obligated to the Lord’s Day holy, which requires that we seek to refrain from work, increase our love of the Lord and extend charity to others through prayer and service. We can certainly encourage one another to maintain Lent as a Holy Season with the prayer, fasting and almsgiving with which we began it… and now more fervently than ever.
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
St. Michael Chapel is Open M-F, 7:30-3:30pm
The Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel is open for individuals and families: Sunday: 7:30-12:00 and Mon-Fri 7:30-4:00. Lenten Devotions. Making a Spiritual Communion.
Posted by Cathedral of St. John Berchmans on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Father Peter & Father Duane praying the Our Father and Angelus, Wed, March 25
Posted by Cathedral of St. John Berchmans on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
PALM SUNDAY VIDEO MESSAGE FROM BISHOP MALONE
VIDEO MESSAGE FROM BISHOP MALONE, MARCH 29, 2020
NEWS FROM OUR BISHOP:
BISHOP MALONE’S CORONAVIRUS
MEMO – UPDATE – MARCH 13 2020
VIDEOS FROM OUR PASTOR:
WE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT SECOND COLLECTIONS FOR THE CHURCH WORLDWIDE:
You may use your envelopes in your packet or use our online donation page or mail check with collection noted.
- March 22: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Collection –
- April 10: Pontifical Good Friday Collection for the Holy Land
- April 12, Easter: Diocesan Church Vocations + CRS Rice Bowl (keep collecting your change)
- April 26: Catholic Home MIssions Appeal
WAYS TO CONTINUE YOUR SUPPORT OF YOUR PARISH
- Envelopes – Weekly or Monthly. Please mail or drop off your donation to the Church Office.
- Direct Deduction from Bank Account – One-time or periodic donations can be made directly from your bank account. Click here for the Authorization Agreement For Direct Debit.
- Credit Card Donations – One-time or periodic donations can be made with your credit card. Click here for the Authorization Agreement For Credit Card.
- Online Donations (E-check or Credit Card) – Click here to donate online.
- Parish App – Click here for information on how to our Parish App for news & donations.
- Contact your financial institution to use their Bill Pay feature. Call (318-221-5296, ext. 112), or email Pam with any questions you might have.