Housekeeper/Custodian position at the Cathedral
Must possess a consistent pleasant attitude expected of employees in the Church.
general cleaning tasks and building maintenance in the Parish Office, meeting spaces, Chapel and Cathedral; occasional meal preparation.
Provide dedicated and thorough cleaning and maintenance including, but not limited to:
– Dust/sweep offices, stairwells, Chapel, and Cathedral floors; use Roomba & upright vacuum daily on all floors and carpets/rugs;
– Empty trash from offices, kitchens, restrooms and meeting spaces.
– Mop offices, stairwells, Chapel floors, and Cathedral foyer;
– Clean & stock office, Chapel, Cathedral and Parish Hall restrooms;
– Clean all surfaces in Office Dining Room, Conference Room, Parlor, Library & kitchen,
in the kitchens in the Cathedral & Parish Hall, and the Sacristies in Chapel & Cathedral;
– Requisition supplies as needed; observe and report needed repairs to buildings & equipment;
– Occasional cooking and/or meal prep for priests and meetings;
– Seasonal deep cleaning of spaces.
REQUIRES ABILITY TO:
– sit, stand, stoop, bend and reach with manual dexterity;
– work reliably on own initiative without close supervision, using safe work practices;
– communicate verbally and understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
– run errands, possess valid LA driver’s license with access to personal vehicle with required insurance;
– use organizational skills with sensitivity to details, setting priorities and and adjusting schedule as needed.
SALARY: depending on experience, qualifications and skills.
CLASSIFICATION: part-time or full-time, based on candidate’s abilities and church’s needs.